Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tryptich Time!

My wife is nuts for IKEA. Just loves the place. For me, IKEA is akin to some Alighieri-esque torture cavern, in which my claustrophobia is subjected to the ultimate in designer terror. But loving my wife, as I do, I accompany her into that awful place.
A couple of years ago, we walked out of the Swedish hell with a tryptich picture frame. We didn't really know what we wanted to do with it, but we were certain that upon arrival at home, we would be struck with inspiration and would have a nice little sparse-art piece to decorate the walls of our then-apartment. Two years and 3000 miles later, we'd moved to Illinois, and the picture frame was still in its original packaging. I decided to do something about it:
Ignore the text in the middle, it's not important, and it didn't stay.


IKEA and I are no closer to being friends today than we ever were, but at least I found something to do with that damn frame. It's a start. An intrepid step toward peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment