Saturday, January 14, 2012

2012: Year of the Commission

In 2011, I did three commissions. In the whole year. In the first two weeks of 2012, I've done four. I get the feeling this year is going to have quite a bit more steam.
(Forgive me, these aren't all Celtic work. I take the commissions as they come.)

This first thing was a character sketch commission that a friend asked me to do for another friend of his as a gift. The guy's Witchblade character. A paladin for a something-or-other god.
This second is a tattoo design for an old high school teacher of mine, combining three of his things: Metallica, WWII, and Batman. (My high school teacher is a dork, but a very cool one.)
This was a bookmark that a friend from college wanted to give as a gift to her boyfriend, another old friend. The Ogham writing in the middle reads "DRH" for David's initials. He actually requested the bookmark, which is pretty exciting. I've never had that happen before. It's acrylics and metallic acrylics on parchment, and laminated.
And finally, a revision of the personal logo for Jared (aka "Sablehawk") including the shield with the tree that he's using for his website. My impression is that he'll be using this as his avatar on a gaming site he's setting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment