Friday, December 30, 2011

Swaggitude

The holiday season, for me, extends more or less from my birthday on October 30 through Christmas and its surrounding celebrations. This year, considering my constant focus on improving my art, people were not at a loss for what to get me. (Nor was I at a loss to get myself. I bought a few of these things, much to the chagrin of people shopping for me.)
My art supplies:

Additions to my collection include:
-3 new Bristol pads of varying size
-A big sheet of parchment
-A pound of scrap vellum (goat, sheep, deer, and calf, for comparison)
-A book on the Book of Kells, a book on the Lindisfarne Gospels, and a Celtic art instructional book
-Five tiny little synthetic sable brushes with differently shaped tips
-An imitation gold leaf starter kit
-A gold leaf kit
-Wood carving tools (chisels, sanding sponges)
-Jewelry-making tools (bezels, epoxy, exacto-knife, a smoother/flattener thing, tape for laminating)
-Metallic paints in a variety of colors
-Refillable calligraphy brush
-calligraphy quill pen set
-Extra ink refills for my technical pen

I've gotten so much swag this year, I feel compelled to find a big pirate treasure-chest to keep it in. Maybe I'll ask for that next year. Thank you Mom, Katie, Caitlin, Cheryl, Joe, Jake, Marcess, and Self. Your contributions will not be wasted.

2 comments:

  1. That are some nice presents^^
    I like to look at the materials other people use for creating their art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, my list of materials just about tripled. it's going to be a good year.

    ReplyDelete